Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
We have an opening for an exceptional art director who wants to push the boundaries of graphic design and digital experiences.
What a Digital Designer Does:
You aren’t the type who’s satisfied with the current design trends, you push the envelope and don’t rest until your work yields the glorious golden fruits of clients who weep in praise, and a shelf so loaded with awards that even Atlas would break a sweat trying to hold it up.
As an Art Director at ThoughtLab, you will lead the charge and set the tone for fiercely unique interactive experiences, web designs, mobile app designs, brand identity and all types of graphic design. You will need to be able to work with the team, as well as on your own, to create designs from start to finish across multiple campaigns and delivering the magic on-time. Luckily, you will work collaboratively with other designers, copywriters, project managers and developers to make it all happen.
ThoughtLab offers a salary commensurate with experience and qualifications as well as a fun, hard-working, entrepreneurial work environment. Perks include casual dress, paid vacation and insurance benefits.
What It Takes To Be A ThoughtLab Digital Designer:
- 6+ years working in digital environments
- Agency experience is a plus
- Interacting with clients and project managers to gather and interpret design needs
- Help guide the messaging for clients
- Exceptional design portfolio of recognizable work for high profile clients
- Creativity without bounds
- An eye for detail, typography and color
- Ability to concept unique ideas
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Working knowledge of how interactive elements in websites work with basic understanding of HTML, CSS, video and animation
- Deep Expertise in Sketch, Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator
- Experience with Invision, print design, animation, illustration, 3D are a plus
ThoughtLab is an independent, boutique agency that prioritizes the ability for our people to create engaging experiences in a fun, fast-paced environment. We build iconic brands and award-winning web and mobile applications for exciting clients ranging from innovative start-ups to Fortune 500s. We’re not afraid to challenge ourselves creatively and always strive to reach beyond the ordinary.
If you are among the best at what you do we invite you to work with us in our creative environment where we’ve kicked cubicles to the curb and abolished long, boring meetings.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.