Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
ThoughtLab is looking for a full-time Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer. This person will be responsible for testing, diagnosing issues, documenting results of tests and working with other members of the team to ensure high quality output of websites, web applications, mobile apps and Windows WPF applications.
We are looking for someone who enjoys solving challenging problems, knows how to jump in and get things done and thrives in a collaborative team environment. Candidates will need to be able to show their ability to isolate and analyze problems and write solid test plans and scripts.
ThoughtLab offers a salary commensurate with experience and qualifications as well as a fun, hard-working, entrepreneurial work environment. Perks include casual dress, paid vacation and insurance benefits.
- Drafting software test plans and cases from requirements and reported issues
- Developing and executing test cases and scripts
- Testing and verifying quality of end user applications and server side components to ensure that they meet requirements and functional specifications
- Executing regression, integration, performance, unit and system test plans
- Documenting test results into bug tracking system and following through to resolution
- Working with developers to resolve and debug issues
- Reporting resolts of test efforts
- 2+ years professional experience testing applications and websites
- Must have outstanding problem solving skills
- Must have excellent problem isolation skills
- Must enjoy analyzing things to poke holes and find errors
- Must thrive in a team environment and be able to work well with others
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Must have experience in establishing automated tests and scripts
- Must be well organized
- Must have well-rounded technical background
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET Framework a plus
- Bachelors degree in computer science a plus
ThoughtLab is a digital marketing and application development company with a strong development focus.