SLC, LA, NYC, SF Markets - Remote /
ThoughtLab is looking for a dynamic, high-performing Director of Business Development with experience selling branding, technology and marketing services to high-growth start-ups, mid-size, and enterprise brands. You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle from prospecting, nurturing lead opportunities, contract negotiation and deal closure.
We are looking for someone with an exceptional track record, who has an established network of existing relationships with premium and aspirational brands. We want someone who can take a goal, develop the plan and strategy, then execute to hit that goal with no excuses. We have aggressive goals and will need a team builder with experience building and leading a sales team of top-performing talent to reach our goals.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of marketing, consulting, and implementation experience, with an emphasis on gathering requirements and guiding clients to envision creative solutions.
- Own the entire sales cycle from hunting and finding opportunities to closing the deals
- Develop access to senior leadership of target accounts and partners
- Provide a consultative experience to target accounts as you gather requirements and work across internal, cross-functional teams to develop solutions and scope out projects
- Prepare and present pitches, proposals and negotiate deal closure
- Maintain deep relationships with and provide exceptional client support to current and prospective clients and target accounts
- Develop annual sales strategies and plans, then execute those plans
- Attract, hire, and develop new high-performance sales talent as we grow our team
- Meet/exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas
- 8+ years in new business development within professional martech, SaaS or agency environment with additional experience in building and leading sales teams
- Creative and consultative seller who continuously finds new opportunities to sell through established industry relationships in major US market(s)
- Passionate about working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a desire to directly influence the company’s growth trajectory
- Proactive, self-starter and leader who takes the initiative to plan and execute
- Strong verbal, visual and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Outstanding blend of value-assessment, analytical and storytelling skills with ability to negotiate and influence decisions
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Must have phenomenal track record
What's in it for you:
ThoughtLab offers a competitive salary with commission & bonus structure as well as a fun, hard-working, entrepreneurial work environment. Perks include open PTO, 401K, health insurance and remote work.
ThoughtLab is an independent, boutique agency focused on elevating brands and creating engaging experiences in a fun, fast-paced environment. We build iconic brands, award-winning websites and compelling marketing campaigns for exciting clients ranging from innovative start-ups to Fortune 500s. We're not afraid to challenge ourselves creatively and always strive to reach beyond the ordinary.
If you are among the best at what you do, we invite you to join us in our mission to elevate brands to their greatest potential.