We are looking for highly skilled and versatile video editors with extensive post-production and editing experience in a range of styles. As a video editor for ThoughtLab, you will be responsible for assembling client footage, applying creative editing techniques, incorporating various multimedia and collaborating with illustrators, 3D artists and animators to help tell stories and teach concepts clearly.
- Participate in creative brainstorming and pre-production meetings to find the best ways to teach concepts and tell stories in engaging ways
- Review demo videos, scripts and transcripts to advise the production process
- Develop graphics, animations and visual effects to enhance productions while maintaining the client brand feel
- Execute color correction and sound mixing techniques
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder
- Ability to edit various types of footage within tight deadlines
- Possess an inherent understanding of design and high-quality aesthetics
- Must be passionate about visual arts, storytelling, and communicating messages through video
- Ability to work closely and creatively with other team members to produce video content
- Good eye for composition, framing, alignment and timing
- Advanced level knowledge of color grading practices
- Experience with sound design and general audio best practices
- Experience in 3D programs such as Cinema 4D a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in video production, digital media, media production, or related field or equivalent proven work experience in content creation
- 5+ years of relevant experience
ThoughtLab is an independent, boutique agency that prioritizes the ability for our people to create engaging experiences in a fun, fast-paced environment. We build iconic brands and award-winning web and mobile applications for exciting clients ranging from innovative start-ups to fortune 500s. We’re not afraid to challenge ourselves creatively and always strive to reach beyond the ordinary.
If you are among the best at what you do we invite you to work with us.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.