- Provide unique, interesting content
- Frequently update your website's content
- Get many quality websites linking to your website (back-linking)
- Use links within the content of your website to link to other parts of your website (cross-linking)
- Have a site map
- Use readable, search engine friendly website addresses (URLs)
- Use title and meta tags appropriately
- Promote your website on social networking websites
- Avoid trying to cheat--search engines will penalize you
- Actively analyze and optimize your website, but be patient...it can take up to two months to start seeing the results or your efforts.
If all else fails... Build a shrine to Google in your office.